UDALBIDE is an association that has been set up with the vocation of being a Federation of European interest. Its work involves formulating an ideology that focuses on the creation of a Europe sustained by the force of nations and natural communities and will gear its projects towards promoting aspects that reinforce Basque language, culture and identity in all its territories.
Euskal Herria, Pays Basque, País Vasco, Basque Country: one nation in Europe
The principles governing the activity of UDALBIDE Elkarlan Elkartea and on which its main courses of action are based are respect, wilfulness, synergy with civil society, the promotion of Europeanism as a union of the peoples of Europe, and the defence of human rights in all its facets.
The main areas of activity are:
- The defence, preservation and promotion of Euskera in all the Basque territories
- The protection of native languages in the EU. Principles.
- Minority languages in the common European project.
- Euskera as a minority language in the Basque territories within its three political-administrative regions: the Autonomous Region of the Basque Country (CAPV), the Autonomous Region of Navarre and Iparralde (the North Basque Country).
- UDALBIDE Elkarlan Elkartea programme of action in these areas.
- The preservation and promotion of Basque culture and identity in all its territories
- The promotion of inter-territorial relations and cooperation. The promotion of relations among institutions and among citizens from the different Basque territories.
- To facilitate and promote cooperation between regional and local communities in whose territories the same language is spoken. Cooperation between municipalities:
- Pectoral cooperation
- Inter-relation between municipalities. Twinning.
- Promotion of cooperation and inter-relation among citizens.
- The promotion of initiatives that enable there to be an integrated and integrating view of the territories of the Basque territories in terms of language and culture: PAYS BASQUE, EUSKAL HERRIA, PAIS VASCO, BASQUE COUNTRY
- Sports aspect: Support and promotion of Basque national teams.
- Political aspect: Promotion of forums for reflection and joint work among institutions, entities and representatives from the different Basque territories.
- Cultural aspect: Initiatives involving the promotion of cultural heritage, folklore and tourism... ..bearing the trademark PAYS BASQUE, EUSKAL HERRIA, PAIS VASCO, BASQUE COUNTRY
- Economic and social aspect: a global view with its own range of services.